Read how Carlson Tool optimizes mold design and cooling layout to improve your productivity and bottom line in this Mold Making Technology article.
- Product design and development
- Mold flow analysis, warp cool and shrink
- In-field technical support
- Contract measurement
- Short production runs
- Turn key projects including IML equipment set up in-house
- In-house sampling capabilities ranging from 110 ton to 1,100 ton
- ISO 9001 Certified
View our Certification
- AQP: Advance Quality Planning
- Comprehensive design review with customers
- Tooling material optimization
- Master CAD model strategy
- Formal document and design change control
- FEA Engineering and Process simulation
- First-Time-Correct discipline in all processes
- CMM confirmation of steel dimensions
- Mold try-out and process development
- Process capability studies
- CMM and full range of gauge equipment
- Inspection reports in multiple formats
"We rely heavily on receiving a mold that will be on time and pass 100% first part layout. Carlson Tool and Manufacturing is exceptional in this area as well as significantly boosting our bottom line. They offer consistent high quality, and services that help ensure that we meet our demanding customer expectations. "
Medical, Agriculture, Packaging, Automotive Battery, Household, Electrical and many more
"Carlson has set a high standard
for producing high quality parts. Their knowledge of the mold business is incomparable. I would recommend them to anybody looking for this type
We measure our order capacity continuously, and manage our individual resources to optimize productivity and order volume. You can count on Carlson to deliver your project on time and within specifications. Contact us today to discuss your project requirements.
We have been designing and manufacturing plastic molds since our inception in 1958, so our expertise is second to none. From art to part, we provide you with timely design support, cost saving alternative proposals, quotations, prototyping, production tooling and support. “Carlson 360” reduces delays, failures, breakdowns, and scrap – all the things that can cost you time and customer satisfaction. And we do it at a competitive cost. Our success is built on a foundation of state-of-the-art equipment, dedicated craftsmanship, customer-driven solutions and time-sensitive service.
- Prototype and Bridge Molds
- 2, 3 and 4 Level Stack Molds
- Unscrewing Molds
- Gas Assist Molds
- Spin Stack Molds
- Multi Shot Molds
- Molds Running in Press Sizes Ranging from 70-3,000 ton
Mold Repair and Enhancement
Carlson Tool designs and builds plastic injection molds for a wide variety of customers. We understand the importance of mold repair and performance improvements for plastic injection molders. Our expert engineers and manufacturing team use a variety of diagnostic tools including mold flow analysis, thermal imaging, pyrometers, high-speed cameras, and D.O.E. to identify problem areas in the mold. Our team then carefully repairs the mold making sure the part conforms to requirements.
Use our Mold ROI Calculator to learn how enhancing the condition of your mold translates into real savings.
Carlson Case Study
When a customer’s mold failed, Carlson Tool:
- Determined a mold block defect though stress analysis which was highlighted in a report to the customer.
- Was awarded the work to repair three of our competitor’s molds, plus design and manufacture a new mold.
- Verified that millions of cycles later, the molds are still in production.